Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Without my bible I am lost (Christian message board posting)

I posted this topic on that same Christian message board. This should be interesting. I'll post an update here once I get some feedback.

Hey everyone,

Glad to be here. I have a question about how I should act toward other people. I'm a newly converted Christian and will start going to church on a weekly basis. I haven't received my bible yet so I don't know how I should act.

My question is: should I help my neighbor move his furniture to his new office? I usually would because he's my neighbor and a real nice person. Him and his wife even invited me over for Thanksgiving dinner.

But the thing is he's not Christian. I think he's atheist because he used to joke around about God not being there for the victims of that one major hurricane. That wasn't really nice of him I know.

Should I help him move? He said it's not a big deal if I'm too busy. Does the bible say anything about helping non-Christians?

Please help. He literally has three truckloads of furniture to move and his moving date is next Monday so I should probably give him an answer by this weekend.

Kindest regards,
Bruce


My second post on the same topic:

Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice. I just notified him today that I'd be able to help him move. Oh boy what did I get myself into . He has so much office chairs and desks plus computers and stuff. He did promise to buy me lunch though. I guess you're all right. Even if he's not a Christian he should still be deserving of help since he's a pretty nice person and all. I'll try not to talk to him about God and hopefully he won't bring up the subject either.

God bless!,
Bruce


My third post on the same topic:
Guys... It was a complete disaster! Oh lord it was a disaster! I'm so infuriated right now with my neighbor I can't even think straight. I'll try to explain what happened tomorrow! All I have to say is my neighbor is such a jerk and I think I might have to move out of the neighborhood now.

No comments:

Post a Comment